What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Bank Ops - Do me a favour pleeaaassseeeee

FriendlyFireGuy

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
A quick request for all those robbing the bank. Just generally, not aimed at anyone or any single event.

Can you try and make it a bit more interesting? I get that the financial reward is incredibly tempting and you may want it at all costs, but at the moment there are a tonne of bank jobs, every single night, often multiple times.

I hate them at the moment - I sigh everytime I see that "bank is getting robbed" message. Sometimes we might as well just all have an arranged shootout and the winner gets gold bars, at least that way I won't have to leave a good RP opportunity at a moments notice to get involved in a protracted shootout that tends to end with death - sometimes cops, sometimes robbers, but always death.

I'd also love it if we, the police, can maybe vary our approach a little and get creative. We don't always have to steam in (yes yes, I understand most of the time that's the way it has to go if the robbers are not interested in RPing it - which is most of the time) I'm not saying there are better ways to handle a bank robbery, but there are different ways. Some may not work but it's worth trying something. If either side loses but has a bloody good time in the process then it's a success for all.

Although, it does need to come from both directions.

Unless of course, everyone just prefers to have a mass shootout every time then disregard this.

It would be cool if anyone reading this could post some bank scenarios here for some inspiration, I'll start:

Scenario 1.

Bank Robbers - Bank robbery as normal, request a negotiator, attempt to negotiate a helicopter / safe passage to a point of your choosing in return for releasing civilian hostages (you'll get those first)...

Cops - let them win, civ lives are more important than gold OR set up an ambush along the escape route once civs in safety.

Scenario 2.

Bank robbery as usual, usual suspects on hills sniping at police. Clear it's a death trap - as it always is.

Police opt for the safer option by rightly assuming the robbers will leave the bank afterwards and therefore recon the robbers escape by helicopter. Cops let them feel they've (almost) got away with it before calling in ground units (already primed and ready to go and/or following at a distance out of sight) to intercept the robbers at a suitable time / place.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was watching your stream last night when the bank robbery call came in, i could feel the annoyance it caused you as you were in persuit of someone, which i found interesting btw.

Also, next time you take that route i suggest you take more toolkits ;) haha just messing!

Was watching your stream last night when the bank robbery call came in, i could feel the annoyance it caused you as you were in persuit of someone, which i found interesting btw.

Also, next time you take that route i suggest you take more toolkits ;) haha just messing!
Hhahahah yeah, my driving sucks right now lol. I'm using a pad for the first time and reckon i'm better off sticking to keys!

Regular chases are fun because they usually lead to some great RP, I mean recently I pulled a guy over (for speeding) who made out his wife is pregnant and she's craving Icecream (we let them go by saying "understand, nothing worse than being late home to a pregnant wife!"

So I get a bit disappointed when we have to drop it and run to the bank for the same stuff all the time.

I just wish we could somehow apply that type of RP to the bank job.

Oh, and thanks for watching!

Haha nah it was all those invisible rocks!

Yeah I love the RP you can experience in random situations.

Bank job RP could be awesome, sounds like something out of a film, I'm sure someone could edit together a bank job video, from both perspectives, not me though, I live the legal life!

No worries mate I gave you a follow also!

Ah the rocks...ninja rocks jumping out at me. We got through 6 toolkits last night lol. I blame SPC Edgar leading me on a nature trail to the coke processing place.

Just a heads up if you require an intermediary negotiator, AEGIS can offer an impartial service... at competitive pricing!

I always thought it was foolish to try and steam in, what with all the snipers on the hills. Why not send in some chopper-based snipers? Or just a recon chopper to keep an eye on the escapees, chase 'em down over Altis and subdue them on the run? 

I'll break it down to why the bank is always a shootout for you. Since the beginning of the server if a negotiator is sent police use it as a smoke screen to position themselves in order to kill whomever their talking to when negotiations end which they always do. 

When a negotiator is sent negotiations are either called off because the police being seen positioning or repositioning or the offer to leave is something like 200K which does not compare with 20 million. If they don't suddenly say "We don't negotiate with terrorists." when demands are given,when their in position.

Negotiations are essentially a stalling tactic that lead up to the gunfight,so if the gunfight happens from the start the odds remain in the robbers favor as they know there is no good outcome from negotiating except making the inevitable gunfight harder. I've brought this up before a few times,but nothing happened because both sides don't want to lose with 20 million at stake. 

Here's another 1:

Take 1-2 cops hostage, keep them at an undisclosed location. Have 2-5 people robbing the bank with one unarmed individual waiting for the police.

When the cops arrive, calmly tell the cops you have a couple of police hostages and if they move with 2K of the bank you'll execute them. Tell the cops they have 10 minutes to follow a series of "waypoints" (which are miles away from the bank) to find the hostages, which coincidently, is about how long you'll need to complete the robbery. Send the cops count down messages every minute to add drama. (Have a heli watching to make sure all cops at the bank follow those way points)

If the cops find the hostages in time, they can move in on you safely - but of course you may already be gone. If they don't then who knows!

I'll break it down to why the bank is always a shootout for you. Since the beginning of the server if a negotiator is sen police use it as a smoke screen to position themselves in order to kill whomever their talking to when negotiations end which they always do. 

When a negotiator is sent negotiations are either called off because the police being seen positioning or repositioning or the offer is something like 200K which does not compare with 20 million.

Negotiations are essentially a stalling tactic that lead up to the gunfight,so if the gunfight happens from the start the odds remain in the robbers favor as they know there is no good outcome from negotiating except making the inevitable gunfight harder. I've brought this up before a few times,but nothing happened because both sides don't want to lose with 20 million at stake. 
Absolutely agree with you.

It's going to take effort from "both sides" what's more important 20 million in virtual money or a bloody good time and experience?

Granted It's going to take some effort and some faith (and creativity) from all of us, but I think it's worth giving it a go.

Last time i asked for a negotiator the cops told me there will be no negotiations because we already had put the charge down, is this a rule within the police? if yes it kinda limits role play, i don't think people want to break 1-2 doors and then wait for the cops..

Last time i asked for a negotiator the cops told me there will be no negotiations because we already had put the charge down, is this a rule within the police? if yes it kinda limits role play, i don't think people want to break 1-2 doors and then wait for the cops..
As far as I know, that's not a rule. I'm sure i'll be corrected on that if that is / isn't the case.

Ah the rocks...ninja rocks jumping out at me. We got through 6 toolkits last night lol. I blame SPC Edgar leading me on a nature trail to the coke processing place.
To catch the coke fiend one must become sneaky like elephant and cross the great wilds with the grace of dying buffalo.

Last night we (I) had as much as grace as a new born Fawn.

I'd say mission accomplished.
I think in total I used 3 toolkits on my own car and 2 were "donated" to fix yours.

We may be gunning for a server record.

Also all of those sweet sweet stat points.

Here's another 1:

Take 1-2 cops hostage, keep them at an undisclosed location. Have 2-5 people robbing the bank with one unarmed individual waiting for the police.

When the cops arrive, calmly tell the cops you have a couple of police hostages and if they move with 2K of the bank you'll execute them. Tell the cops they have 10 minutes to follow a series of "waypoints" (which are miles away from the bank) to find the hostages, which coincidently, is about how long you'll need to complete the robbery. Send the cops count down messages every minute to add drama. (Have a heli watching to make sure all cops at the bank follow those way points)

If the cops find the hostages in time, they can move in on you safely - but of course you may already be gone. If they don't then who knows!
This has been tried with civilian and police hostages. Police always ask to see the hostages,therefore they must be at the bank or they will continue as usual,which sadly nullifies your idea and to tell the police to go somewhere to look would be seen as a ploy and diversion to lead cops away from the bank which will ultimately be ignored,because the bank is on a timer in addition to previously stated negotiation issues.

In a hostage situation negotiation tactics are the same,because hostage negotiations have always ended in a shootout just the same as a bank job. In my time here only 3 hostage negotiations have ended without gunfire. Two were because there were only a couple of police online who knew for a fact they would not win and in the third the hostage negotiated his own freedom,because the police "Don't negotiate with terrorists."

Same problems with two situations. Mixing them does not work and is therefore also avoided. I've also brought this up before to no avail and the simple truth is neither side wants to lose and will take steps to keep the odds in their favor for the shootout to come. I do not expect police to simply throw money at the gang/rebel populace and if a firefight is inevitable(and you could argue that the lack of integrity is the RP reason to fight),but the gangs/rebels will cut through the bullshit and get on with it without negotiations,because violence is the only working solution that has ever been presented in the last 9 months.

This has been tried with civilian and police hostages. Police always ask to see the hostages,therefore they must be at the bank or they will continue as usual,which sadly nullifies your idea and to tell the police to go somewhere to look would be seen as a ploy and diversion to lead cops away from the bank which will ultimately be ignored,because the bank is on a timer in addition to previously stated negotiation issues.

In a hostage situation negotiation tactics are the same,because hostage negotiations have always ended in a shootout just the same as a bank job. In my time here only 3 hostage negotiations have ended without gunfire. Two were because there were only a couple of police online who knew for a fact they would not win and in the third the hostage negotiated his own freedom,because the police "Don't negotiate with terrorists."

Same problems with two situations. Mixing them does not work and is therefore also avoided. I've also brought this up before to no avail and the simple truth is neither side wants to lose and will take steps to keep the odds in their favor for the shootout to come. I do not expect police to simply throw money at the gang/rebel populace and if a firefight is inevitable(and you could argue that the lack of integrity is the RP reason to fight),but the gangs/rebels will cut through the bullshit and get on with it without negotiations,because violence is the only working solution that has ever been presented in the last 9 months.
Again, I don't disagree with you. I've been on both sides of the bank op many, many times over the 8-9 months i've been here so share your opinion.

On the other hand, I do remember the Reverend getting "off" by claiming he's protesting at the central bank for ridiculous bank charges - It does and can happen - if both sides are willing.

I guess both sides have to put the RP experience before "winning" or as you say, it just won't work. Given this is an RP community I'd be sad if that couldn't happen.

My point is, that example was just another scenario but sure as eggs are eggs, it will never change unless we all make an effort. I perhaps naively thought having people add some ideas here could motivate us all to try something different once in a while.

I guess if this post does motivate a few of us to try something new then its achieved its purpose...I suppose. If not then oh well, it was worth a try.

I remember a long time ago doing a bank job (probably ~6 months ago), the bank in the same position it's in now, but only like 110k at stake. It was the dead of night, we were all set up, in the usual spots, and it was very quiet for the first few minutes. No sirens, nothing. Then suddenly our marksmen on top of the big hill were shot and killed seemingly out of nowhere and confusion reigned. I died in my spot from behind moments later.

We still got away with it, it was easier back then it didn't take half as long as it does now but the reward only justified a shootout.

After the fight, Maratek came into our room and explained the tactic they used; parachutes. Note this was also during the time when rebels had thermal scopes, and myself and the other 2 marksmen didn't even think to check for piggies that were falling with style.

Was probably my favourite bank job ever, it's a shame I haven't heard of this tactic being used since, the few bank jobs I've been on since the bank got moved back there it's the same old "LETZ BLITZ 'EM!" routine.

Fact is; as Sov's pointed out, most people already know how bullshit asking for a negotiator is, the bank is prime opportunity for a shootout. And yes, I am aware it's a RP server, but the risk vs reward is too great to be spending 5 minutes of being stalled by some blueberry negotiator as he spends 30 seconds at a time conveying messages to a room full of cops trying to get into positions.

Cheers Jay. Totally understand, if using a negotiator is a ploy to stall it will inevitably hold no value in the future.

I'm not saying there should never be a shootout, or there should always be negotiation, I'm just unsure why anyone actually enjoys going to a bank op every day knowing the outcome will either be: cops dead / robbers dead. Well, for the record, If i'm unlucky enough to be involved in a bank job and if i'm running it on that occasion, I'll try and come up with something a little different, if it fails then hey ho, it's worth a try.

Back