What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Thank The Dev

Sovereign

So it has occurred to me how devoted our Ciaran is as our discussion in the boardroom turned into a conversation of him shitting golden bars of code.

On a serious note. He takes quite a bit of time out of his day to address the problems of the entire server with not only the bugs,glitches,exploits,but Police,Rebels,EMS, and Civilian issues,assets,features, and general problems every day.

So I'd like you all to read a little about Ciaran and thank him for all his hard work.

Joined up to the server early in February before the forums even existed. Me and a few friends helped by becoming one of the first white listed cops and we went around our normal cop duties. We were then given admin powers ingame, at the time there was no teleport or spectate for us. Just the default AltisLife admin menu. Then we had some falling out between me and Asdruabel. I decided it would be best if we would part ways, I still stayed in touch with Wilco through Skype. 

I was on one morning messaged through skype by Wilco, saying about this TakistanLife.co.uk domain that he had purchased and told me that one of their aspiring developers (Not Ed) was creating it. This soon became sour and turned out to be a exact copy of another TakistanLife server. That was not on for Wilco. I then volenteered to put together the modpack and scripting/configuring to make this Takistan Build ours. I began working on this around the First Of August then it was done on the 4th and ready to go! This was the time when I met up with most of the admin team of AltisLife.co.uk. Beforehand I only had contact with Wilco, but that soon increased a bit later. I was talking to Cardoso while he was streaming on the release night and we were chatting about some of the bugs in the game. This was when I then was Re-Introduced to Mr. Cardoso as we all know him as today. At first I thought "Is this the same Don Cardoso from the early Altis Days?".

Unfortunately, all good things come to a end as we saw with Takistan. So without any server to develop for I was going to go back to doing some other things in my virtual life when all of a sudden, Wilco asks me if I am able to help get the ALUK 4.0 build completed. This is the real delay, the ComingSoonTM's were them waiting for Ed to come back from doing family stuff. We all appreciate his work over the time he was really active and appreciate that he has a family to take care of. So I quickly rushed out this build and applied all of the edits to the database to push the update.

Here's the part that brings me to where I am today:

I was tired and decided to lay down one night and browse some forums on my phone. I returned to AltisLife.co.uk and signed in with my Ancient user account. (Member Since 20 Feb 2014). To my shock my name was showing red. First I thought that another website bug was going on with my phone. I then take a browse to the Announcements area to find that I am now a Developer And Admin. Well that was a shock was it not?

The next day I decided to get a headstart at the work of a Developer And Admin and got all of my permissions sorted out on the teamspeak and other areas of the community. This is what leads me to where I am today, a Developer and Admin for the best AltisLife community ever. Lets keep it that way shall we  :)

If you made it this far thanks for reading my story of my experiences on AltisLife.co.uk, and I hope I can have many more to come!

Thank You Ciaran. For all your hard work.

I was reading his profile earlier in fact, I tip my hat to Ciaran, sincerely. I'd love to know what he adds to his Weetabix in order to shit out code like a rabbit though. Thank you Ciaran!

I can't like this enough, Sov. 

Ciaran is a little superstar. I didn't even realise how much until I spent some time in the Boardroom. He is a prodigy and a genius, bless his cotton socks. Great post Sov and Ciaran: You have my respect you little scamp! 

gu8UW.gif

Our Ciaran in dev room,
hallowed be your name.
Your server come,
your will be done,
on earth, as it is in Athira.
Give us this day our daily code,
and forgive us our demands,
as we also have forgiven our rdm'ers.
And lead us not into combat logging,
but deliver us from rule breaking.
Amen.

Many thanks for the coding you do ciaran, almost makes the box related deaths worth it. :D

Its been really great seeing his story. I cant BELIEVE its been less than a year since i joined. would be really great sometime if everyone make a story of their time here.

Don't forget Ed!
Like Cardoso said we never did. He's been away on indefinite leave for a a while with his family and consulting job. We're still in touch with him and talk from time to time.

Its been really great seeing his story. I cant BELIEVE its been less than a year since i joined. would be really great sometime if everyone make a story of their time here.
I've done that a long time ago. I've even manipulated it into part of my in game character's history. PLF were a bit disturbed when they all piled into a bunker for my character's in game "story time" though only the Vagen brothers(Borris and Vlad.) heard all of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back